Monday, September 10, 2007

An Old Fashioned Reminder...

I needed this...

...my friend took this picture of my little girl getting a Bible at church on Sunday morning...it was a special presentation for all the first graders who were just learning how to read...when I saw this picture (after my weeks of mental run-a-round panicking about "red-shirting", tutoring, and how to cram in reading into my little girl's life)...this picture was a still shot that made me stop and notice her for a second, just where she's at......sincere, peaceful, kind, innocent, loving....she's perfect just the way she is, and most of all, she is His, not mine and nothing I do is gonna change what He has for her---I don't know, that just comforted me and thought I'd share...do you remember being this age? Sometimes I need a big reminder that I don't control it all....so simple. Thank God.

2 comments:

hot potato said...

kim, she is so sweet! totally what you needed. i am glad you see her for her. i love this picture too.

Shell in the City said...

What a precious picture!! It truly speaks a thousand words!

Brooks, "You're My Everything!"...