Tuesday, February 12, 2008

I think this is sad...

I have really no time to keep up with anything anymore and have been "out of the loop" for awhile BUT I wanted to see if Britney was OK (not b/c I like her or anything) b/c I think it's sad that I bet now her mom probably wishes she would have done something different than leading her into the life she now leads and that's sad.....I wonder if she longs for a "peanut butter and jelly in the backyard day"?....not that as moms we are responsible for good eggs gone bad BUT I hate to think that one day I will have some regrets.....we all will.......I was sad to read this article....for many reasons.......it's sad that our culture with all we have been blessed has put doctors and teachers in a place that is valued less than all this media/celebrity garbage......do you agree?.......and now all these deeply disturbed people are dying or being closely watched......that's sick....says a lot about our value system.....had a minute---just wanted to vent......
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/7177345.stm
I am afraid that if Britney does kill herself it will teach us all a big lesson.....but at what a cost? huh, just a thought.

"She is a victim of an exploitative industry, a sensationalist media, and a public who seem to enjoy voyeuristically the troubles of superstars and celebrities."

Shame on us.

No comments:

Brooks, "You're My Everything!"...