Tuesday, February 06, 2007

"Snuggle,Ma-mom"

This is Benjamin waiting on me
to snuggle this morning...


So it has been overcast and drizzly for the past 3days--sigh--cold, but not like you northerners, but cold for us here in Florida. I kinda like it b/c we don't get cool often enough. Anyway,this morning starts like any other...we race around getting Kayden off to school and Ed off to work and then my little Benjamin (aka "my Min Man")starts following me around carrying his *taggie (aka 'tag'as i don't do baby words ever),his pacifier (aka 'pass') upside down as always,his lion tag, and his big blue blanket---he waddles around with all of this wherever i go saying quietly,"snuggle,ma-mom" and he waits---until i do---he melts me every time. To be loved like this--what a gift. I remember (before he was born) anyone i knew who had little boys telling me "they love there moms" and they do! My little girl was always kind of a touch-me-not from birth...she seemed to say with every cry "put me in my crib and leave me alone" and nod off to sleep while Benjamin has been complete opposite. Every night he tries at least once or twice to pitter-patter fast as lightning down the hall from his room to his sister's to snuggle with her and she always yells out "Mooooom! Benjamin won't let me go to sleep" and we carry him off. I just love him to death. Have a great day! I'm gonna go snuggle before he gets too big and he doesn't want to anymore =0)

2 comments:

hot potato said...

i love this post! i know we've been missing eachother with the phone calls....today i've got the sitter and i'm working on a house with my sister-in-law. maybe we'll connect later when i get home.

boys are the best. aren't you grateful you have at least one of each? i thank the Lord everyday for mine. miss you.

k e r r y said...

This post makes my heart warm - I love a suggler!

Brooks, "You're My Everything!"...