Sunday, April 15, 2007

My Bluebird Baby Shower




We had my baby shower for #3 and I must say--"three times is a charm"--they did this one right---by that, i mean, no phoof, I have never liked any of the cheezy games and honored guest pressure etc. just the basic essentials--cool place,small group w/best of friends (plus the very ladylike big sister,Kayden--who was so happy to be there),great food, and just what you need, and the cake finally, was a great one (a mocha chocolate creme cake--yum)! I have to laugh at this b/c I have been cursed in the baby shower cake dpt--if i could find pics i'd post b/c you'd never believe how goofy they have been, but all in all they have made for great funny memories...and this shower happened to be no different as the private cake maker cancelled as of Friday night for a Sunday shower (flu in the house)---it was a miracle that the cake got replaced but it did and was awesome! The leftovers in my fridge will be my next 5# I'm sure :)
In keeping w/ the Spring Bluebird invite etc., my sister did adorable little blue bird nests w/ chocolate blue speckled eggs inside as favors--they were so cute! It was a wonderful day! Wish you all could have come.
ThankYOu so much for all the effort and great gifts!

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

What a cute theme! And cute mama, too!

SPARKY said...

looks like you had a great time. you look beautiful!!

Shell in the City said...

Sounds/Looks like the perfect shower!! I hate cheesy games at showers as well! You look great!!Kayden is growing up so fast..she is beautiful!

Jennifer said...

Sounds like you you had a great shower. New Vistor to your Blog. Just thought I would say hi.

hot potato said...

wish i could have come, kim! sucks we live so far away, we're always missing out on eachother's lives. like i told you the other day....the house across the street is officially on the market. you could live right across the street.....a girl can dream.

Brooks, "You're My Everything!"...