Wednesday, April 04, 2007

She's My Little Runner Girl!


My husband is so proud!!! Our little girl was one of four chosen to run a relay for her Kindergarten class and she was the anchor (fastest)! She must get this from her dad--my husband has run the Boston Marathon twice (which you have to have a qualifying time in previous marathons to even enter--i think that's a big deal as I have never been able to run more than a 10k w/o dying), so if you run, you know a speed marathon must be a killer. He ran it best at 2h 36minutes!!! That's pretty fast! I know i am bragging on him but we were so excited watching our little girl run that race and i saw him reflecting glory off his face. I'm sure one of my kids will take after me and be much less motivated and driven than my Ed! and i will love 'em just the same :)

3 comments:

hot potato said...

i know you are proud...i would be. i wanted to tell kayden "congratulations". she has a fan club out west that will cheer her on and on and on!

how exciting. here's to your next race!

Sarahviz said...

Yeah, you and I would rather be eating Snickers for dinner right?! Remember we used to do those 5K races in Charlotte?

Shell in the City said...

That is awesome..sounds like she is a chip of Ed's block! I am always amazed at runners. The most I've done is an 8k...I couldn't imagine doing a marathon. Congrats to Kayden!

Brooks, "You're My Everything!"...